View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

I think they all relocate to the Washington DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia area and attend meetings in their shorts and t-shirts, sometimes in their suits, over here. LOL

I'm sure they are also in your meetings. AA was started by a self-made millionaire who lost it all in the stock market and while drinking, a proctologist with a successful medical practice, and a lawyer (AA #3). We gather together to recover from our common problem. It's not a business meeting, that is for certain!

If the judge hadn't self-identified, or the doctor, or the lawyer, the policeman or the teacher, then no one would know what their profession were. Call your local intergroup office (search aa city state) and ask if they know of "professionals meetings" in your area or an Alano Club with more "professionals" in them. I bet it's the same meeting list you have access to. Some of us just hit lower bottoms. We're there. I know this, I've listened to many speakers from Texas who have identified their profession on recorded meeting tapes!

Maybe it's time to talk to people before and after the meeting and to get to know who they are. Then you'll find those "hidden professionals!"