View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cad235

Thank you... yes I have been to meetings and I know what I need to do. I have tried to tell him very nicely that he needs help. I have given him ALL the information on meetings, counselors, books, etc. He just doesn't want help. He says he just needs to get away from me! and he'll be fine... I say well then please go.... he never leaves.

We have only been together 3 years. He lost his first wife, house, business etc because of his addiction. I knew all of this but he convinced me that he was fine... we went out 20 years ago when we were in high school and got back together in 2009. From day one I said PLEASE I don't want any drugs in my life. I hardly even drink... maybe 2 glasses of wine a month if that! Before I knew it I was pregnant at 36 with a very much wanted child... She is incredible... It breaks my heart when he calls me names in front of her... she is 2 but does sense the turmoil. I need to find the strength to take action and have him removed from the house. I need not to fear him or the consequences.... I have done so much for this man. Given him money, bought him things, started a business for him, tried to help with his debt. It is time for me to be strong. Thank you for your support.