View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tjp613

First of all I want to say how sorry I am that you are going through this hell. It sounds horrible Your poor baby daughter must have been scared out of her wits that night in the car. It's heartbreaking!!! But I am very relieved to hear that you are ready to take action to reclaim your life and protect your daughter at all costs. It sounds as though you MAY be in for a rough ride.....however, as I've often heard about on these boards the addict/dad many times threatens ALL sorts of things but in the end just fade into the night, never claiming visitation rights. It is incredibly sad, but most times it is a blessing.

So where to go from here? If you live anywhere near a decent sized city, PLEASE call a nearby 'women's center' to speak with a counselor. You, my dear, are the victim of domestic abuse and could benefit a great deal from their compassionate counseling. When we've been living in the hailstorm of chaos such as you have, our thinking can become very confused, our sense of self-worth can become greatly diminished, and the confidence in our abilities and strength to change the situation is very weak. Having a counselor to support you while you make difficult decisions is priceless. You will find they are extremely compassionate and empowering. Many women's centers also offer free legal counseling, shelter, and financial assistance if needed. If you don't live near a center, there is a national hotline that can provide you with other resources and counseling as well. So PLEASE make this your first step. You can click on this link for a ton of information that you will find helpful.

Please continue to seek support here on SR. We care about you and the welfare of your precious daughter. I'm so glad you've reached out to us. Keep moving forward. You are much stronger than you realize. (((((Hugs))))))