View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thumper

Some food for thought.

My xah one time said he couldn't understand how I was doing so well. I looked great he said. I lost weight, I got my haircut, I had a smile plastered on my face, and I had traded my car in for a minivan. Woo - he felt I was cold and awful for not suffering. I didn't say a word but the reality was that 40 pounds fell off me because I could not eat I was so anxious and in such turmoil. I got my haircut because it was falling out. I had a smile on my face because I was a mother trying to parent, I had traded in my dreams of a traditional family, sold my dream house, and moved to a town of 800 people where I knew not a single soul - to gain the financial ability to raise my kids on my own - so I got to trade a tiny car in for a mini-van (I have four kids).

It didn't feel great but I'm glad I looked great. A glance at a person is simply a snapshot. You can't guess at what goes on inside a life.

Be kind to yourself, continue your journey, and don't give him space in your head. Oddly enough once I actually did start feeling a little better I felt guilty that I was feeling better and he wasn't . Then I wanted him to really truly do better then me so I would not feel so guilty. Ahhh - still crazy thinking. I have achieved detachment now. I wish him well and don't spend a lot of time thinking about it honestly. You'll get there too.