View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

Well, LOL, that wasn't really what I wanted to hear. Actually, I guess I was hoping that, with enough work, I could get past some of the anger and not keep letting little things turn into resentments. I'm at the point right now where his presence just makes me 'feel' negatively and I want to get past that.

My therapist was telling me that she can 'feel' my anger about AH and that it would benefit me to start working on extending some compassion to him, to finding that happy medium where I'm neither a doormat nor a flaming pissed off angry woman, LOL. I'm just not sure how to attain that and she claims it's because I won't take down any walls if I really want to give the marriage last shot at success. And, truly, I do. I am not ready to walk away, maybe I'm just hard headed but I guess I feel that I should at least try. If I fail, then I can at least say I gave it my all, which is NOT what I've been doing now. Mostly, I just sit around and complain about him and get angry. That's certainly not being productive.