Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OhBoy

You absolutely did the right thing! About 3-4 years ago my AW was in a really bad car accident, she got drunk & hit a tree at about 50 mph. She was lucky to survive. She got ticketed for DWI. I lied my ass off to the alcohol evaluation people because "we couldn't afford rehab/missed work etc...." Told them she rarely drinks, it was only a one time thing, blah, blah, blah! At the time I didn't realize the extent of the problem she had. Every question the evaluator asked, I lied. How did I not see it? I had to LIE to EVERY QUESTION! Fast forward to today, she is worse than ever & we are likely getting divorced, may lose the house, bankruptcy etc. Looking back, guess I could have afforded it! It's costing both of us a lot more now! She refuses to get help now, back then she may have been open to it but "we couldn't afford it". So he loses rank for a while, if he gets help & embraces it it will pay off ten fold! It's not anything to be ashamed of. Look at how many people are on this website alone! You are not alone & neither is he! Take care of that little one, that's what really counts. Sometimes it is damn near impossible to do the right thing, but most likely it's worth it no matter what the short term cost is.