Old 06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ilovemysoldier

I finally reached out to someone, and I feel guilty

Hi everyone I'm new to the thread. My husband and I are in our first year of marriage and I am convinced he has an addiction to synthetic marijuana (Spice). I have begged and pleaded with him to stop, but he refuses. At first I thought nothing of it, it seemed like it wasn't that bad in the beginning but now it's killing our marriage. He had an episode that scared the life out of me. I was seven months pregnant, and he stormed in the house and screamed at me that I was cheating on him with his friend (his Spice partner) he was banging on things and screaming and I thought he was going to kill me. Then he instantly snapped out of it. The cops were called by one of the neighbors but by the time they got to our home he was passed out and I covered up for him telling them he had too much to drink so they left. Every time he uses he asks me am I cheating on him. Spice has made him sick twice: once he threw up all over his Spice buddies bathroom, and I came over and cleaned it up, and last weekend he threw up all over our home, on the carpet and furniture and I made him clean it up, but I ended up shampooing the carpet. None of this was enough to make him stop. We have a 2 month old baby and I have asked him to quit for the sake of her, but he won't. Who would want that kind of environment for their newborn baby? I have cried, yelled, begged and pleaded so after that last throwing up episode I had enough.

I told his Sergeant what happened in hopes that she would talk to him and open his eyes a bit. Well apparently that conversation didn't go to well. He texted me and told me that he may be losing rank and going to the Army Substance Abuse Program. We have no vehicle and our family is depending on his income. I may have ruined his career. I feel so guilty but I didn't know what else to do. My life with him is so miserable when he's high. I don't think I could've kept covering his addiction up for him. I don't know if what I did was the right thing to do. He sent me a text basically saying it's my fault if our family is homeless and hungry. I am torn about this whole situation. I did it because I love him and I wanted to get him help, but now I feel like I made a huge mistake.