View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
tomsteve

i got into AA amiserable wreck. i worked my but off working the steps and saw improvement in my life. ater a year, even though i saw results in me through working the program, i was still having problems with my thinker. i was talking to a friend in Aa about it. he said," have you talked to your doctor about this?" wellll, THAT was a concept i never thought of! went to see my doctor and tak to him about it. in the exam room, there was a lil sign by the sink with 10 signs of depression. wow!! i had 8 of em! didnt even know it was depression i had . by the grace of God, my doctor put me on a med and i listened to what he said and that we had to give it at least 2 months for the medication to level out in my system and then re evaluate.

one thing i want to stress is that before seeking out that help, i busted my but off working the steps and practicing the principles in all of my affairs.

the big book says the program cant fix everything for everyone and that we should seek outside help.

i also have OCD, i'm not on meds for that, but it has gotten better over time and i am gooder at controlling it rather than it controlling me.