View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
achingheart

Unhappy Im new to this

I have read through some of the posts here and find myself COMPLETELY able to relate... is this really what God wanted me to endure? I love this man with all my heart and soul... given him everything... he promised me the world... my prince charming is an alcoholic... I am anti drinkin n druggin! Needless to say, we clash! When he is sober, he is my dream come true... when he is drinking... he will either be funny and kind or turn mean and nasty, taking off on "walks" or hanging out with his drinking buddies...I try to talk to him but am told that I have control issues and that he is a man and can and will drink a few beers whenever he wants! Every day... no matter what... he drinks... He has over drawn our account on a few occassions and I had to take his cards and destroy them... he gets mean if I refuse to go and buy him the beer and makes it hard to continue to say no... or he just takes off and goes wherever with whomever and gets it! I have told him over and over again that things have to change or he has to leave but then I give in to his promises to stop and to change, only to find myself feeling the way I do now... aching... I even asked him, "are we that hard for you to deal with that you must drink every day and night to tolerate me and our family?" He then accuses me of twisting and turning everything to suit me... I am even checking into natural supplements to help him to stop but doubt he will take them... he doesn't think that he has a problem... I DO! Help!