Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Aussiebutterfly
Recovered with AVRT

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
While you're on the question of books... What is The Art of AVRT like? As a complete newcomer to recovery I found the anti AA stuff in the new cure not very useful and would love to read a book which stands on it's own regarding AVRT techniques. Are any of them like that?
What are your future plans for drinking/using Hypochondriac?

Have you done the crash course on the RR website? Have you made your Big Plan yet?

You say you don't need deprogramming but if you'd read the True Cure book you would remember that saying you are in recovery IS recovery talk! Mr Trimpey says that you do not need to have ever have been in a recovery meeting to have picked up ideas about it, society in general can do that to us. Little words like that can play with your mind so be careful and maybe read the book again after reading all of these threads. It's been suggested before by some others and I know I also need to do the same soon.

If you have made your Big Plan then why don't you feel you are recovered? I know I am recovered and never want to waste another moment "getting help" in meetings or in any other place for a VERY stupid thing I did in my past which was drink myself into oblivion any chance I could. Time to live not recover!!! You are very lucky unlike many others. Many like myself have wasted hundreds if not thousands of hours sitting in rooms listening to how to try to stay sober instead of absinent.

I wish you well. It's great you are looking into it all. Don't be put off by anything you find negative, some people really need to hear things that may not affect you so it's hard for you to comprend I guess.

As I said before the book to read is the New Cure. It is the current and updated book, the old book is not of any use if you read New Cure.