View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
why is your BEST FRIEND having conversations with your EX? and why would ANY of your friends and family have anything to do with him either? it seems TO ME, that it should be a non-issue given the history.
To me it seems that none of my family or friends would have anything to do with him either. But that's not the way it's worked. I choose not to make myself crazy anymore being upset that my siblings choose to stay in touch with him. They do. That's their thing. I can't control them.

AH is friends with my best friends husband. Our families were all friends and they choose to stay in touch with him. From her message (I haven't actually talked to her yet) it sounds like AH has been texting her for info about my friends and how to contact them. She claims she has told him he shouldn't be planning anything and that I wouldn't want him to do that. I don't understand why a "hell no" isn't just her response and I guess at some point I will have to decide if being friends with her is really a safe choice.

As I have said on this thread already, he is VERY smooth and I think that even my "best friend" who knows all that he has done, is still swayed by the facade of being a "nice guy" that is his MO. How many men can convince COPS that they are the victim when their wife and kids are saying the opposite??!???!!!

I think it's hard to describe just how conniving and convincing and manipulative he is. It's not logical that anyone would stay in touch with him but remember, my own family is pretty messed up and my "best friend" is in an abusive marriage too so I kind of feel a bit like I'm the kid shouting "the emperor has no clothing" and everyone else is delusional....