View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Liz))

hate so much that you are surrounded by unhappiness ~ that is a miserable way to live ~

what I learned is "how important is it" and that somethings are important to me and somethings aren't

My ex ah of over 17 yrs WHEN SOBER was an excellent housekeeper ~ in fact ~ he was a fanatic about it ~ to the point of insisting the girls & I kept everything perfect but then when he was drinking/using he was a SLOB & went days without even bathing ~ it was disgusting ~ I drove myself crazy trying to keep the house perfect - cuz if it was perfect he might not drink/use so much (pre-al-anon days!)

Now many years later & married to Mr. PINK ~ Mr.PINK is great about helping me with the house if I ask him to but pretty much he's a it stays where it falls kinda guy -keeps himself clean & neat but the house as long as it's clean he's not so concerned about tidy ~ does it bother me - NOT a single bit ~ why? because there is peace, harmony & respect in our home - neither of us expects the other to do everything ~ we are a partnership that works together ~ if I really needed something done - I have the freedom to verbalize it in a respectful manner (not nagging, just asking); he has the right to say "honey I'm worn out from work - can it wait?"

So in the short of it all - it's about mutual respect, not really about the trash, dishes or laundry ~ just my thoughts . . .

hope you have a much deserved rest soon ~

PINK HUGS,
Rita