View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FredG

Well, I hereby, publically apologize, if I've offended anyone by my comments made in the last week or so, in various place throughout this forum.

I DO sometimes make generalizations and assumptions that I shouldn't. I also sometimes react strongly when I see someone physically and/or emotionally abused by someone who could have been me.

In addition, I also react strongly, even though perhaps I shouldn't, when I see anyone advocating totally giving up on a drunk/addict. In my time, I've seen individuals, who were so close to the end of their life journey that it was a total miracle that they recovered. One of the 2 founding fathers of the AA program, being one of them.

So...for those that I may have offended, or for those I might in the future, 'cause I almost certainly will, I most humbly apologize. If I have or if I do, please let me know. It's the only way I will grow.

Theres a quote I heard recently about AA meetings - If you find that you like everyone in AA, then you haven't been to enough meetings