View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Many RA's (Recovering Alcoholics/Addicts) post here as many of us are 'double winners' and some are just recovering from their DOC.

I personally do not believe that it needs to be closed.

What I do believe is that I have to always remember that I am posting from my co dependent (and most A's are co dependent also, notice I said most, not all, lol) side and not from my alkie/addict side and yes there is a difference.

In other words, I have learned to use a lot more 'tact' in the Friends and Family forums, as many of the folks posting here, especially the newer folks are very 'wounded' individuals who had no chemicals to 'numb' them all these years. By the time they hit these forums they are RAW.

I am not perfect yet, lol and once in a while my 'tact' disappears. When I am too harsh, Mike will usually let me know, rofl.

I think I love these forums more than the forums for my A side, because they are a constant reminder to me of just how badly I did hurt my family and friends, those 24 years I practiced my alcoholism.

I share my ES&H as to what worked for me, and what has worked for those that I have sponsored in BOTH programs.

So there is my take on this.

Love and hugs,