View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

TJP- nope- no protective order... my arrest and my being the one with a "record" at the moment made that not work out... my lawyer tried, valiently.

my back up plan is a safe one. when (and it's rare) he comes to the house (and it's only at times and days agreed to in writing and signed by us both) i am sure to be within view of my neighbor (who knows when ah is coming over and has a copy of the letter he signed agreeing to set days). when he is there with me we talk on the steps or 3 season porch which are within hearing distance to my neighbor. if he shows up at any other time she will call the police. if i wave when he is there and we are talking that's a sign that he's getting aggressive and she will call the police.

he gives me the creeps too, but i have a pretty solid safety plan set up. the police can't argue with a witness to his aggression so while I will never call the cops unless I am bloodied and bruised bc I don't trust them one bit to protect me, my neighbor will call (she offered and came up with this plan with me) and will report that he is being aggressive (if he is) and they will have to deal with him.