Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
(((((hugs)))))
This is classic Jekyll and Hyde isn't it? Only, isn't it funny that we think, "oh, wow! Look! He's sitting quietly in the chair and calmly watching TV with us! How nice he's being!"

I say, no. That's not nice. There's no effort to sitting and watching TV. This is not showing his willingness to address the roots of his addiction. He's just coasting, and hoping it'll be enough to get you to feel warm and fuzzy toward him again.

When my AH started going to AA, my therapist suggested cautious optimism, but not before then. Carry on making plans for your own fun and peace with your son. Your AH will figure out how to catch up with you when he wants to.

:ghug3
Fathom
I know, isn't it crazy that we think that their ability to sit in the room with the family and just watch TV is being nice? For the past few months, he'd be hiding in his office watching Netflix on his computer with headphones and he'd come out once we all went to bed. That became the normal.

I am going to be talking to my therapist today about whether I should give him the letter I wrote. He'll definitely understand that I don't want him to come to FL with us!