View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Fathom

(((((TuffGirl)))))

I just wanted to give you more kudos for your strength and clarity despite the epic quacking of your A. I loved your comment about where the stuffing should go! Ha!

As much as it may be hard for you to believe, I want what you have. Not really the quacking A, but almost being done with it. I've been spared the quacking of my mostly X, maybe R, AH for the last few months primarily because I've been avoiding him. I am adept at ostrich avoidance behaviors. But, I know I'll have to interact with him at some point just to divorce him and I don't know how I can cope with that. It's so hard not to take the bait every time when they are clearly just spouting self-righteous nonsense. A few months ago, my AH sent me an email that started out with "in 2007, we vowed to always love and respect each other...". Then he continued to explain that I was not respecting him because I was avoiding his quackiness. If he had told that to my face I don't think I could have resisted telling him, 1) we took those vows in 2006! And 2) you don't really want to get into a discussion with me about love and respect! Ugh! I don't know how anyone could resist a comeback, honestly.

I'm impressed that you were able to see that your discussions were not being productive and that you could walk away from it. Many, many kudos. I can only hope to be able to do that too, when the time comes.

Thanks!
Fathom