Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by MeredithD1 View Post
It's like there's an entity that takes over my AH and speaks inside his head, telling him that anyone or anything that gets between him and his alcohol is to be gotten out of the way, no matter what.

When this entity gets the better of him, he is very different. He even looks different, the expression on his face, and acts different, the way he speaks and moves.

And he often doesn't remember what he's said or done, later on when the "entity" is quieted and he hasn't had a drink in at least a day. So it seems like possession.

In my experience, when faced with the "entity," I am best served by removing myself from his/its periphery.
I can totally DITTO this entire post. When my H was actively drinking everything about his communication changed right down to his body & facial language.

It was such a "tell" that later I could not believe I had missed it. Often he would pick small arguments, blow up enormously over nothing & while I was stuck on defending myself in this orchestrated argument he could stomp off in a rage & go hide in a bottle. Those little "tells" went unnoticed while I was left scratching my head & wondering WTF just happened?