SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - new hobbies since sobriety
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OneLessLonely

I'm glad you posted this thread! Because although I have taken up the new hobbies of remembering what I did last night, making sense in conversations, saving money, single-vision, and having an appetite, there are some other hobbies I want to take up! So I'm hoping by replying that I'm motivating myself to do them. I have had a keyboard behind my couch for, no lie, 3 years. I have tutorial books and music sheets also- bookshelf- three years. I also want to try yoga since everyone has been talking about it here, think it will help with my anxiety and bring me to this "in the moment" place I keep hearing about. I used to do crafts. I used to cross stitch squares and send them into these people who made quilts for sick kids. I used to knit scarves. And I really want to scrapbook the millions of pictures I have sitting in boxes! I must look back to this when I'm bored and, by then by default, wanting to make a drink. Thanks for making me think!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneLessLonely For This Useful Post:
gordano (06-04-2012), tomsteve (06-04-2012)