SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - new hobbies since sobriety
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Luling

I've been staying busy and active -- I work out in the mornings, and then in the evenings when I would normally start drinking, I'll do something to get out and exercise, even if it's just a walk.

I was dead exhausted last night though, which worried me because I thought that if I stayed inside I might drink, but I ended up having a fun time re-watching a couple of episodes of "Walking Dead." I was drinking when I watched them the first time around, so I had forgotten quite a bit. (I think sobriety is giving me a new appreciation for the horror genre, by the way.) Of course I held my iPhone in my hand and stayed close to the forum the whole time.

By the way, I love jigsaw puzzles, but I can't do that right now, as my 2-year-old would likely scatter the pieces.

Oh, and this is a little embarrassing -- I love playing Sims 3 on my computer. I don't use the game play mode very much; I just build houses, parks, stores, libraries. I couldn't sleep the other night, so I stayed up and built a very close replica of my own house.

There's always arts and crafts. I taught myself to crochet the other day using you tube videos, and I've been trying my hand at Chinese brush painting.
Luling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luling For This Useful Post:
gordano (06-04-2012)