Old 06-01-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

The closest to a human form that I can imagine for my Beast is a Zombie, and even that doesn't fit. To me the Beast and its AV expressions are the opposite of human, funny, or friendly. It is not even close to a pet or domesticated animal. It is a beast, single tracked to get drunk as desperately as I want to breathe after holding my breath for 60 seconds.

My Beast would have loved to be called an informal/friendly human first name like Bobby or Joey. IT would have loved to imagine I was dismissing the essence of incorporating the Structural Model of Addiction into my thinking, and prolong what I intuitively sensed could be a quick recovery.

I suppose similar to "fun and laughter", I had an optimistic appreciation "in this whole process" (it was a long time ago for me), and I see it and try to encourage it in others.

I have been known to say I was glad to have had such a blatant, glaring, specific, in-my-face type of problem to solve as not ingesting alcohol and marijuana. I knew I had total control over that stuff not going down my throat, and I learned that following AVRT by the book made it all the easier. AVRT was designed to make recovery as fast and easy as possible.