Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Permanently remove your ability to choose to use

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
...I decided I wanted to smoke, I had a purpose in doing so, and I did it. I'm certainly not downplaying the fact that I didn't keep to an earlier decision, but it is better to take responsibility for what I did do, and not what I didn't do. I know AVRT well enough to have done otherwise, after all.
Here's what I see as the truth, Dalek, which I believe you will understand as you fathom the depths of your ultimate intentions. Since you cannot lie to yourself, and you cannot be unaware whether or not you made a Big Plan., there is no other possibility except that you knew all along that your "earlier decision" was NOT a Big Plan, it was "merely taking yet another break" as you put it.

You now say you have made your Big Plan for nicotine since then, and I congratulate you for that because I believe you know your human capacity to permanently remove the ability to even CHOOSE to smoke from your future existence.

When you recognize the desire to smoke, your Big Plan autopilot will immediately intervene - "I actually removed my ability to CHOOSE to smoke back when I made my Big Plan! HAH! Oh, well. So much for that!" There is absolutely nothing else you could possibly do in that situation. Do you believe it? I do.