Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by xenoughx View Post
thank you both for the welcome.

soberlicious, up until today I have been stuck in the standard/recovery movement in regards to my boyfriend.

I just started reading today about this approach. It is odd that when it comes to myself i used and was somewhat successful with the AVRT approach, but when it comes to my loved ones I was focusing on group recovery methods and the promise of relapse. I don't know why I didn't try to instill the same approach for loved ones.

I would love to hear any experiences you might have for me to reference.

thanks.
enough,

My experience is that our society is permeated with persuasive information towards methods of recovery that can financially support the cost of putting out all that persuasive information - yes - it's a vicious cycle.

Marketing analysts know that a business offering a product that never wears out will not last very long. There's a hilarious 1951 British movie "The Man in the White Suit" starring Alec Guinness, that tells this story.

Well, the AVRT method of recovery never wears out; AND it does not involve any sort of professionalism to impart; AND it can be learned quickly.

So, considering the large, competitive service sector of the U.S. economy, it makes sense that recovery methods founded upon planned obsolescence and licensed professionals will be the methods that will get the promotional funding - AND shortsighted/crony-style political support.

Nevertheless, your quitting AVRT-style on your own, is just more evidence of the hidden deep current of the vast number of people that recover on their own and don't get counted.

GT