Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Melony

Originally Posted by sunandrain View Post
I only binge drink at weekends and I think it's why it's taken me so long to admit I have a problem, because I always told myself that people who have drinking problems drink everyday. I've realised my binge drinking is a problem because I'm not capable of having one drink, I'm not capable of having a few drinks and then going home. No, I drink until I'm physically unable to, when I've passed out. I never have memories of a drinking session, I did so many things I regret, made an idiot out of myself, put myself in very vulnerable positions where anybody could have taken advantage of me. Once I start, it becomes a compulsion to carry on, and have another drink, and another, and another...
I have the same problem, Sunandrain.... after so many blackouts and can't say enough when I'm having fun... or at least THINK I'm having fun, because in actual fact, I party till the sun comes up and can't remember a thing... all of this with my boyfriend. We sit in the lounge and listen to music and the wine keeps flowing till we literally pass out, or have an violent argument. The last was this past weekend. One of us could have been dead or paralysed of the violence. That's when I realised... I guess I have a problem.