Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Is it possible to be unaware whether or not you are really making a Big Plan?
Well, we don't do "denial" in AVRT, so, no, I don't believe it is possible to be unaware of whether or not I am really making a Big Plan. This was covered earlier in this thread, I think, but it is covered in the book. I can't really lie to myself. I could certainly lie to others, but intuitively, I do know if I intend to actually quit for good, as opposed to merely taking yet another break.

The AV says that I am lying to myself, pulling out the classic "you've said that before" line, but that is to be expected. The Beast will always try to use past "evidence" of incompetence at quitting to prevent me from taking decisive action, but I know that all self-doubt is AV, and that previous unsuccessful attempts have no bearing on the present.

It does make me wonder what the heck went wrong, though. Did I not intend to actually quit the last time, or did I just simply change my mind? I wouldn't dare suggest that I was on 'autopilot' or that there was some 'strange mental blank spot'.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Have you made your Big Plan for ciggies?
Yes, but I made it for nicotine as opposed to just cigarettes. This takes care of all tobacco products, as well as nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes, etc. No wiggle room for the Beast, which has lots of help trying to sneak in some nicotine under the pretense of treatment.