Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Melissa0067

I don't know what state you live in, but here in Massachusetts, there are 2 types of protection orders, one is for physical fear and the other is a harassment protection order.

This is what is stated for criminal harassment in MA; Section 43A. (a) Whoever willfully and maliciously engages in a knowing pattern of conduct or series of acts over a period of time directed at a specific person, which seriously alarms that person and would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress, shall be guilty of the crime of criminal harassment and shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 21/2 years or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

CHAPTER 258E
HARASSMENT PREVENTION ORDERS

Section 1. As used in this chapter the following words shall, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, have the following meanings:-

“Abuse”, attempting to cause or causing physical harm to another or placing another in fear of imminent serious physical harm.

“Harassment”, (i) 3 or more acts of willful and malicious conduct aimed at a specific person committed with the intent to cause fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property and that does in fact cause fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property; or (ii) an act that: (A) by force, threat or duress causes another to involuntarily engage in sexual relations; or (B) constitutes a violation of section 13B, 13F, 13H, 22, 22A, 23, 24, 24B, 26C, 43 or 43A of chapter 265 or section 3 of chapter 272.

I do not have enough posts to put a link here. You can private message me if you need more info or would like the link to the protection order so you can read it more thoroughly.

I am in the process of going through criminal harassment charges against my XABF with the courts right now and was contemplating going back for a protection order.

I hope this helps you some.