View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NikNox

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
thanks for sharing your e, s, & h ~

we are raising our 8 yr old granddaughter and right now she still wants contact - but I know it won't be long she will go thru periods of not wanting to talk to her dad, because he goes long periods of time not talking to her due to his disease ~

reading here helps me get ideas of how I will handle it when the time comes for us ~

prayers of comfort for your step-daughter & all the family

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Thank you Rita, for your prayers and hugs of support. They are extended back to you also, with sincerity. I am so pleased that you are raising your granddaughter, and supporting her wish for contact with her father. She will go through periods of not wanting to talk to him, as she grows older and understands the mechanism of alcoholism more. At 8, she is still very young, the same age in fact as my SD's half brother, who now lives with his dad as he had to be removed from mum. He doesn't understand, but is irritated by his mother and finds it difficult to see her because all she does is, to use his words 'make me work' (she gets him doing all the chores when she has contact with him, whilst she 'sleeps' on the settee).

It probably will get harder as time goes on, and realisation sets in, but at least she has the stability of a loving home to carry her through any dark days in her future.

You are doing the right thing, and I wish you all the very best.

Nikki x