Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Originally Posted by witharealwinner View Post
I believe he was sober last night. He has no money and I refuse to buy him alcohol. Unless he has a stash hidden somewhere.

I finally realized that he's that way whether drinking or not. He's just a nasty jerk regardless. I used to think it was the alcohol; granted he's a lot worse when drinking, but he's that way no matter what.
Another little saying that I came to appreciate that I read here on SR:

You can wring the alcohol out of an asshat and all you have left is a sober asshat.

AA has one about a drunken horsethief becoming sober sometimes is just a sober horse thief.

The problem is that instead of seeing the reality we want to blame the alcohol and fantasize that when the alcohol is gone that POOF!!!! There he is : Prince Charming!!!!

Reminds me of another funny saying. A child was digging away at a huge pile of horse manure furiously. She was asked what she was doing. She replied with all this horse poop there MUST be a pony down here somewhere!!!!

Its not the alcohol. It's not the horse thief that is the problem. It is MY personal ability to be instantly attracted to very large steaming piles of pony poop (I like to think of them as majestic stamping stallions snorting and blowing and dancing in the moonlight that are just buried down deep in that manure if I can just dig it out or fix it).

I just NEED to dig that pony/stallion out of there!!!!

The problem ... for me... is a very and I mean VERY broken picker. So throw the bum out but then work on the picker.

It's what I did.