View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kafka

Hello all, glad to be here.

Grits, I am aware that these are supposedly the best and healthiest years of a person's life. Everyone around downs a case of beer and its fine because its what is supposed to be done on the weekends. The social pressure is hard on everyone. But I know, as well as you do, that for people like us, alcohol isn't a social thing. It's a selfish thing. I am slowly realizing my problem and how alcohol has affected my life so far.

I am afraid I can't behave like my friends and people my age. Its every night, and while most of my peers will slow down and move on into responsible lives after college, I know its a habit for me.

I was kicked out of college because I chose to drink every night instead of studying and doing my school work. I lost a job because I was hung over every day(sometimes still drunk from the night before), and now I've been borrowing money from my mom and drinking my lady's alcohol supply while looking for a job.

I'm afraid completely refraining from drinking looks to be the only option for me. I have registered and been ( miraculously ) accepted into another college and will start attending in August. I am determined to find a job and hopefully as I remain sober, my attitude toward work and life in general will change.

Thanks for the advice and