Thread: My fantasy girl
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 07:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Thanks again boys for sharing your stories.

Though I don't think I'll ever understand why most men do have such a hard time talking about their feelings with the people they are closest to?

Don, I think true love can grow under the right conditions even if it wasn't there at the beginning of the season. So I pray you and your wife will grow closer and more in love each day. And I think it's really healthy that you two are learning to talk more....because I think that will open the door to becoming each other's best friend for the rest of your lives.

Hugs,
Jenna

P.S. Captian, I also failed to notice the fact that my "fantasy boy #2" was living in Tenn. when we first got together. He moved out there and then rolled back into town for a reprieve from the Nashville life of starvation (starvation only because he spent all his gig money on booze). He went back for a month before giving up completely (at least for now anyway). During the most devestatingly painful part of our crazy relationship, it seemed everywhere I went and everything I did....someone would somehow start talking about Tennessee. And since he's the only connection I've ever had to the state...I can't help, but think of him.

So...I don't know what the signifigance is or if there is one...really, I'm just yapping, but the words Captian Morgan and Tennessee will probably always be "triggers" for these old memories. I wish I didn't have them. They hurt. All those memories just remind me of so much loss. Not just loss of the 2 guys, but loss of my most dearest and most precious hopes and dreams. Crushed.

At least I guess I'm thankful I'm learning all this now in my life instead of after conguring up a "fantasy husband #3" and a "fantasy husband #4" and so on...continuing the painful and unbarable fairy tale gone bad. Like MG said, I can enjoy my days for what they are and not what I think they are suppose to be. Now I can cut my losses when I realize a relationship is right for me instead of hanging on to some irrational belief that he will change and everything will be as I dreamed. Because, while he can change (which I pray he does), chances are he won't and even if he does, chance are that he still won't be the right partner for me. It's a hard dream to let go of completely, but one that all of us fantasy creators must do if we are to ever find happiness.

Hugs,
Jenna