Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I'm here to tell you that it doesn't work. Sacrificing happiness NOW for happiness LATER is an illusion. All we have is now. That's it. I'm also here to tell you that your child only gets one childhood. Putting him through anxiety is NEVER worth it. My biggest regrets in life are the things I allowed my children to be subjected to. They didn't have a choice, but I did. And I made the wrong one for many years. I can't take that back now, although often I wish I could. I love my children with all my heart and it pains me to think that I put my "marriage" above them for so many years. Especially when I see what kind of "marriage" it was. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. There are no do-overs in parenting.

L
I know. It makes me sad. Yesterday was a great day, too. AH was in a good mood, he spent a lot of time with our son and was so positive. I sit there with my mouth hanging open thinking, 'this is the same man who claimed that he didn't care about his kid's feelings the day before?'

So, I get this false sense of hope. Sometimes I just don't know who I live with!