Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
when did you last stand on your own liz? i'm hearing a lot of you waiting for him to make your life better..........waiting for HIM to change, do that 180, etc.

what are you willing to do to make YOUR life better? how far are you willing to go? what steps are you willing to take? shoot, you might as well.......kill time while he continues to disappoint and underachieve to your expectations.
I guess the last time I stood on my own was back when I lived alone, made my own money, paid my own bills, and took care of myself. Once I got married, I was still working and things were mostly good but that's because I was entrenched in an extremely crazy work environment and I didn't have time to think about him. I remember, the first jobs we both had after getting married. He got into trouble at work and they made him go to counseling and put him on probation(he was 28 at the time). At the time, I was so busy establishing my career that I didn't care nor did I realize the severity of the issue. And, of course, he throws that one back at me often when we talk about counseling. I guess he invited me to go along and I didn't go so he reminds me that I didn't 'care' way back then, LOL! Please. It was his problem AT WORK, a place where I didn't work and had no ties to.

What I really need to throw myself into is getting my son's writing skills up to snuff and getting him caught up in math. If I'm honest, he's behind and if I need to put him in school in the future, then it's my responsibility to get him back on track. I am putting him in Kumon math for the next 6 months and will be signing him up for an online writing class for June and July. These are the best things I can do for him to get US to a point where I can consider putting him in school for 9th grade. I plan on homeschooling him for 8th grade(this next school year) whether or not I stay together, separate, or end it completely. I took on the responsibility to school him and I need to finish what I started to the best of my ability.

Once I feel that ds is heading down the right path, then I can focus on my path for a future career, etc. I used to be a yoga instructor and worked at a gym so I'm planning on asking our guy who runs the country club fitness center if he needs help once the college kids go back to school in August. I can work early AM shifts and get home to do school with ds early enough and can probably do 20 hour work weeks to start. I have been both an instructor and a member at this club and as an employee I get full use of the facility, including tennis courts which will benefit ds. That will also save me the $150 a month membership fee we are currently paying. Of course, I don't know that he will need the help or if he'll have the hours to give me, but it's part of my plan.

I also was a stockbroker and worked with financial planning. I'd like to get more into 401k management and retirement benefit planning so I'm hoping to get in the door somewhere, but this is for a few years down the road, and it was part of my plan even if I stayed married. I loved the field of investing and have worked at 3 different large companies. One thing AH always said about me was that I had no trouble re-inventing myself. I went to college, worked in retail management for the Limited for 2 years, then got a temp job at a brokerage firm and fell in love with the industry. A year later I was a licensed broker and working a trading floor. A year after that I was working in institutional services at the firm servicing accounts and trusts, etc. Then, I had my son and came home to be a stay at home mom, but I got bored and decided to get my certification to teach fitness classes. So, back in the classroom I went and studied again and got certified to teach. I taught step aerobics and strength classes for a few years and then found yoga. I did another round of certification and taught yoga for 4 years. Whew, that's quite a past, huh!!??? So, what the heck is MY PROBLEM? DUH.