Thread: The first lie
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Spes

grizz,

I read all your prior posts to get an idea of you. I think that I am somewhat in your future; by that I mean I have been where you are now and my life is at the point where my wife is dying from the alcohol. Sadly, unless she decides to stop, it becomes a downward spiral.

I see where others have recommended books to read. I hope you have read them, more than once if necessary. It is the unknown that causes us the most grief. The more you know about her disease, the moree you read here at SR, and the more you practice the idea of loving detachment, then you will know where all this is going and can make decisions on how best to live your life.

I am under no illusions that I am the mistress (I don't know the male word for mistress) in my wife's life and that alcohol is her real love. It's a difficult life and I am living the path that I have chosen. The people here are helping me cope and for that I will be eternally grateful.

grizz, learn all you can then decide how you want to live your life. Your wife has already decided how she wants to live hers.

Take care.