Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Now RA and EX Cross Country Binger: Next Chapter

Hi my name is Hope and I am a recovering codependent.

For those who have been following my story of recovery my A was in active recovery and we moved into his dream house surrounded by hundreds of holes of golf (his passion) and within weeks he picked up a drink and completely lost his mind. I kicked him out and he flew to Vegas and spent 3 months drinking and gambling.

Twice before he had done this in our relationship (loves Vegas where the bars are open 24/7 and all the glitter and gambling) and he would call and beg me to come and rescue him. Stupidly I would do this and actually I trained him to relapse and expect rescue! I just figured this out. This time I went no contact and he started threatening suicide. I blocked his number.

He went from penthouses and diamond cards to the gutter and sleeping in doorways.

A few days ago he entered a one year recovery program in California and of course he is calling and is back to being the sweet, charming and of course very remorseful A that always sucked me back into the vortex of the alcoholic dance.

Not this time. Still sounds like quacks to me. I pray for him to find his way out of his alcoholic addictive thinking and childish behaviors. I will wait for his actions to show me who he really is.

He is asking for "support" and can he write in a couple of weeks. I said no.

I finally have peace and serenity in my life. One phone call from the program about his belongings and talking to him on the phone upset me all day.

I said I would pack some of his clothes and belongings and mail them out to him but I think that is all I should do.

Thoughts?