Thread: The first lie
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grizz

The first lie

I knew after reading here that this day would eventually come and sure enough...My AW usually starts her drinking with wine at dinner. It usually takes her about an hour and a half to finish the bottle. Last night she started early and had the first bottle done by 6:30. A couple of the kids came over and asked if we had any icecream. Wife said no, but we can go get some. At the store we got the ice cream and then she said "can we get some more juice" (I hate that word now) I told her she has already had a bottle, do you really need some more? She looked me straight in the eyes and said I have only had a little bit that was left in the bottle. What does she think I am an idiot? I came home from work and noticed a full bottle and the partial sitting on the counter. So when we got home I looked in the garbage and sure as s**t there were both bottles empty. Not that I keep track anymore, that used to drive me crazy. So she drank another half bottle, passed out for a bit and then stumbled off to bed by 8:30. I realize that this probably isnt the first lie, but it is the first one straight to my face. Thursday I am taking her away for a couple of nights and am going to man up and have the conversation with her of what she wants our marriage of 28 years to look like. I know what I want it to look like and it is not this! Sorry for the ramble and the vent...feels a bit better though.

grizz