View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thelma

Lizatola, please read and consider.

My AH went off his antidepressants. Just stopped taking them all together and went on about his drinking. The escalating angry outbursts were way over and above anything I had ever seen. This from a man who like your AH has never touched me in anger.

A friend of mine is an RN and she told me that he is going through what is called HYPER-MANIA. All feelings are over the top. Anger, sadness, etc all are intensified as the chemicals work their way out of his system. Wild and crazy decisions and opinions came and went but when they were thought of they became the most improtant thing in the world to execute.

I came home that night to a hole in the wall from a bullet in my gun. I had the gun locked in a gun cabinet and AH used power tools to break into it. And then he put the gun on my nightstand and proceeded to pass out. He didn't remember most of it the next morning. That's when I took his rifles and removed the firing pins and barrels. My handgun is now on me at all times. I feel very fortunate that nobody...my dogs or any neighbors were harmed.

I'm not trying to scare you but I want you to be prepared for what may possibly happen. Alcohol is a bad enough drug to deal with. Mixing with meds that are being adjusted or stopped can only lead to disaster.