Thread: money matters
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I want to be able to lead my children in the right direction, obviously I do not handle money well since I am bankrupt. But, I am not ashamed of that, and I am teachable.
Hey, if I'm teachable, you're teachable. I filed for bankruptcy (never went through with it) and we would have lost our home to foreclosure if my uncle hadn't stepped in and gotten us a Title-In-Lieu-of-Foreclosure... but either way we lost our house.

I was just thinking the other day when I came into the house after an errand about a reflexive habit I had in the old days--I would flick the light switch to see if the electric company had shut us off. We were always either in danger of losing phone or electric. We couldn't always afford gas. One time we pulled all our mattresses into the living room where we had a fireplace and slept there--we told the kids we were playing camp-out.

I don't believe I was bad at handling money. I think I was REALLY bad at living true to myself. I had a judgement against me from the public library, for Pete's sake. I am grateful every day for the blessings that came to me once I realized that I had a lot more power in my own life than I thought I did.

Thanks for the great website!