View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Guys just aren't abused in the eyes of most women and men. Both of us have been LE, me military and weapons training, she was police and later a deputy City Marshal. I would not believe me on a domestic call. And many times men claiming abuse are looked at askance and folks say one thing and think something entirely different.
You are quite correct. Many women know this too, or at least I did. When I was a drunk, I would often become quite angry. I tore stuff up around our house, hit my ex, spit at him, spewed verbal venom, and goaded him in any and all manner. Pretty dark and disturbing stuff to look at in yourself. He did not ever return the violence, but did restrain me many times. It was quite the predicament for him, as you stated above because he was 6'1" 240lbs to my 5'4" buck 15. Were he to call, he would not be believed. Even in restaining me, he would have been taken, not me. I knew that. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong answer, I'm saying I hear you. It is a shame that women like me (when addicted) can play the system when it comes to domestic violence. It takes away from authentic and urgent domestic violence situations that need to be addessed. I have experienced those as well, well after I quit drinking. I'm not a program person, but I am what is coined a "double winner". I am sorry you are going through this, Itchy.

Originally Posted by DesertEyes
So I am still in need of some "adjustments" to my "radar" when it comes to who I am attracted to
lol...me too. The picker's broken...but not near as bad as it used to be. "Strive on with diligence"

BTW...obviously I'm not a dude, but friends/family tell me I'm very "dude-like" in my thinking...whatever that means LOL