View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
...Guys just aren't abused in the eyes of most women and men. ....
No worries, Itchy. This bunch here on SR has _lived_ it, so we understand. My ex #2 is 5'2", 110lbs by the scale. She's a biker chick, comes from a family of bikers and Marines. Uncle is retired Recon, Aunt teaches urban combat, other Aunt is FBI, etc. etc. etc. When #2 lost control of her addiction and the violent rage took over people's lives were at risk. There's nothing more dangerous than a finely honed weapon out of control.

I was lucky. By the time I met #2 I already had a couple years of al-anon under my belt, else I would have responded in a co-dependent manner and become an abused spouse myself. I am not going to have violence in my family, will not be on edge all the time because I don't know when the spring is going to snap and the missile fire on it's own. Ex #2 had no interest in my perspective so we parted ways.

Then I went and dated a Navy Spec Ops lady ( not a SEAL, but close enough ). So I am still in need of some "adjustments" to my "radar" when it comes to who I am attracted to

Mike