View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I'm a dude too...

...and I've posted north of 1,000 times here.

I don't post as often because I've said most of what I have to say, have run out of things to say, and don't allow myself to post on threads of women who are in denial about their abuse or their husband's drinking (which eliminates a ton of the threads). I do more harm than good when I do that.

I do come here almost every day, and do post when I think I can help as part of the 8th Tradition, but I'll tell you this-- I've got 13 years of experience living and dealing with my alcoholic wife (now in recovery), and I'm getting a redo with my 16 year old daughter (good times).

When I feel like I have experience or strength to share with you I'll do just that. I'm not big on hope. I'd encourage you to do some research into the old threads, especially those of the various Mike's, and mine too. Also, don't discount the women-- many of them have great recovery and amazing perspectives I think apply across genders. Tuffgirl is awesome, Getting By when she stops by, and Anvilhead who, while clearly a woman, posts like a man (but I may be biased-- she and I agree 99.9 percent of the time). And English Garden is friggen' Obi Wan Kenobi blended with Ghandi, shaken with common sense, and poured into a recovery glass. I read her stuff just to read it. Damn she's good.

Take care my friend-- I'll be around.

Cyranoak