View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
liz, you failed to mention that you are married to a 14 year old!!! good gravy talk about stupid. and well......stupid.

i want you to ponder the fact that EVERY TIME he pulls another stunt like this, he is putting everything at risk....your way of life, your financial stability, the whole nine yards. and he doesn't seem to give a ratsazz about anything but his own stupid selfish little game.

you aren't dealing with an equal here.....you are dealing with an overgrown teenager. he's all about seeing how much he can get away with and that's going to catch up with him. and sadly you will at least in part pay the price.

is it worth the risk?
Wow, you're giving him credit. I was thinking that my 13 year old is more mature than he is! And, yes, I have been thinking about all of that and more. The problem is that I will be tied to him for quite some time as our finances are locked in a trust and not in our names directly. I have been socking away some cash, I have a decent IRA from my old job, and I have an investment account in my name with about 4 months living expenses put away. None of those accounts have his name on them, thank goodness. Also, my car is in my name only. Luckily, we also have no debt except for our mortgage and we have some equity in the house so it could be sold for spending cash at some point, too. I have run all the numbers, I'm looking for part time work right now, and I have finally taken the blinders off.

I have been working on getting all my son's educational testing done and his diagnoses' too. He is ADHD(without the H part, LOL) and his academics are all over the board so I'm trying to get him organized in case I have to put him in school in the future, and for an IEP, etc. I put the braces on him already to lock us in the payment plan so that AH couldn't refuse this in the future.

And, to address Gerry: can you actually report someone for driving on a suspended license. His whole defense for that is that he hasn't received the formal notification from the DMV so if he went to court he would be able to get out of it because the DMV is dragging their feet sending out ppwk. I'm not so sure about that, and it would still cost us money if he had to go to court again. Anyway, I got tired of listening to his defense and just ignore him. I hadn't really thought to turn him in. Wow, that seems vindictive but at the same time is protecting us as a family, too, right?