View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
rjamal

I can relate, I not long ago was in a relationship with a heroin addict. He is in denile about his addiction thinking that moving to another state will help him stay clean..... but one little problem with that "he is not dealing with the addiction, or changing, working on the addictive behaviors". If anything he has gotten worst to me with the behaviors. But he left me, for no reason, up and left and i trully understand how your feeling I am there..... Im in the same situation. I trully would like to see him so that I can tell him a thing or two., but what good will that do, he is already not caring, and has no emotions. He is a addict who is running from himself., I am starting to realize that he is sick both cognitivly and spirtually. He is not well and maybe oneday i will get that closure but until that day comes im doing me, counseling, groups, and working on getting my mind and peace back in mylife. I delt with the lies, cheating, deception, betrayal, all that from this man and honestly its not worth it........ I'm realizing that now...... i'm realizing that I was and still is in love with an individaul who is afraid or unwilling to love himself. He cheats because he is afraid of being alone, also for other reasons..... I am good to me, to God, and to this earth.... I am better then all this.... and see it has taken me a few weeks to realize that this man did me a favor with the no contact, cutting me off tactic because Now i am gonna get stronger through this, and when he returns, and I am sure he will oneday "as we went through this a year ago" I will be strong, and united with myself to push back his addiction, and him. I will be in-love with myself even more.......