Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
PuffysFriend

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
PuffysFriend,

do you think she could get violent? has she before? (taken a swing at you or threaten you in any way?)

Beth
No. She is in bad physical shape. It is always about money. She has it, and I have been short on it. I'm doing better financially now, though.

The fact is that I was establishing boundaries before I really thought about it. My work took me away from the neighborhood (where she lives), and since I was making a little more money and gone a lot, her anger escalated. I am only the most recent target of her anger. The pattern is clear. I don't think she's going to like my boundaries when she gets back into town, simply because I have examined them and talked to a good friend in the neighborhood who has been battling this situation. I won't be unkind or mean to her, but there are certain things--negativity, repetition, her meddling into others' affairs-- that I just cannot tolerate anymore. She thinks that I am stupid or ignorant since I haven't said anything--one of the mods here has a great tagline about that. In fact, I'm very aware.

Question: Can't my boundaries be just mine? I don't have to announce these to her, do I? I'm confused since I've seen different takes on boundaries here.