Old 05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by ThisIsDANIEL View Post
would it be possible to transverse the Big Plan statement of "I will never drink/use again" to something positive ...
As I see it, the Big Plan is so simple and logical that all attempts to change it are clearly Addictive Voice activity. If drinking is wrong for me, then saying never about it is the most positive I can imagine.

What did I do wrong?
You didn't do anything wrong. You decided to drink, and now you're here and don't seem the worse for it.

If you're interested in quitting using AVRT, get the book, Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction and read it twice slowly.

Also, read all four AVRT threads starting from the beginning. I'd also recommend putting "Thanks" after the posts that strike you as important. That way you will have a sort of marker system to look for if you want to brush up on it in the future.

If you want to do something right now to bring your own ambivalence about drinking more strongly into your consciousness, take the period of time that occurred in your quote here

...I got an unbearable craving and then before I knew it I was on autopilot.
and write a chronological description of exactly what you were thinking, feeling, and doing, as each second ticked by. Write down in detail starting with when you remember the desire to drink first came into your thoughts. What words did you think and write them down, what feelings did you feel, and write them down, and what did you actually do, and write that down - all in the order they actually happened up until you swallowed that first drink of alcohol. Any resistance in doing this important exercise your is Addictive Voice not wanting to be recognized.

Last edited by GerandTwine; 05-15-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar correction