Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

The Beast in the spotlight of your consciousness.

Originally Posted by jberk65 View Post
I've been following this thread AND going to AA once a week, because this group is all about topics and questions..a beginners group. Anyway my RR: TNC book arrived a few days ago and it reads and fits so effortlessly that AA seems..pointless..and I don't feel like going tonight. Is the twinge I'm feeling the beast in panic mode??
Associating "panic mode" to a "twinge" you're feeling suggests more than just not going to AA meetings. It sounds like IT is reacting to "my RR: TNC book arrived a few days ago and it reads and fits so effortlessly" much more than to "I don't feel like going tonight". If you've only been to a half dozen beginner meetings, ending that is no big deal to your Beast compared to what you're preparing to do to IT.

IT sees through your eyes and can hear what you're reading as IT watches the pages slowly turn, and IT knows you've now got IT in the spotlight of your consciousness. So IT will try to throw all kinds of feelings from twinge to panic your way to try to get you to avoid seeing IT for what IT really is.