View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Hell yes I am (rather, was) in a marriage to a narcissist at best and sociopath at worst. I don't throw either term around loosely but I think both to varying degrees fit AH well.

I attributed his abuse and mind bending behavior to alcohol for years and thought that at some point sane, rational conversations could occur.

What I realized finally was that AH was/is a man who can never be a part of a r/s because a) he can't care/empathize with anyone else's point of view b) he hears expression of feelings/needs from another as a direct assault on his character and c) his sense of entitlement to do/say/be whatever he wants without any disagreement makes it like being held hostage to be near him
Am I married to your ex? Probably not since we've been together for 17 years but I am just starting to figure out that he will never change. He just doesn't know how to be respectful, has a short fuse, is intolerant of people in general, doesn't care what their point of view is because it's always wrong since it's different from his, and he has such a sense of entitlement that breaking the law can be justified by him.