Thread: It has to end
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shirt423

It has to end

Hi all. I don't think I can stay in my relationship with my alcoholic boyfriend any longer. We seem to argue all of the time. Mainly I can not accept the relationship he has with his ex girl friend. He refuses to have conversations with her in front me. There were issues last year where he was considering moving back with her because she withholds visitation of their daughter. It's a very sad situation. He is 10 months sober now and rarely speaks to the ex but when he does it is never in front of me.

He thinks it is ridiculous of me to want to hear what is said. However she just sent him a birthday card saying how she loves him only three weeks ago. I just want peace of mind because of things I went through in the past. Is that too much to ask for? I feel that I set boundaries and they are never respected.

But now I am the bad guy and terrible and he says I don't support him wanting to talk to his daughter. I always tell him to call his daughter, but since she is only six she will only talk for a minute or two before she loses concentration. I think the way he turns things around on me all of the time is emotional abuse. I do not ask for much but yet he can't do small things for me. This has to be the end.

Am I out of line?