View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tinkerbellsmum

hi i need someone to talk to

hi all i'm new here and really need to talk to someone. i have no one around me who i can talk to about this.
i have been with my husband 12 years and he has always had a drink problem he knows it and is always trying to improve it and he does often but he always relapses and i'm the one who has to suffer for it. we learnt he can't drink spirts a long time ago cause it makes him nasty (hes never hit me) and he stopped drinking them. but we have recently found out drinking strong beers does the same and he had stopped drinking them but i suspect hes doing it again. because hes started being nasty again. its hard to explain what he does but its picking arguements out of nothing, making out i've said things i haven't, making me out to be a bad mum. like my son painted his nails and that caused a major problem for my husband he had a right go about it and threated me. i come home from work to him being drunk and having ago at me for nothing, i get phone calls at work and hes drunk. we have 2 children which he has to look after while i'm at work and i worry myself sick when i'm at work. my daugther is a very mature 10 and most of the time feels like she has to watch her 3 year old brother.
when hes sober hes a great dad and husband. i know its not him when hes drunk and i know why he drinks (he had a bad upbringing and his dad was also a alcholic, all hes brothers and sisters drink to acess but it seems to affect them differently and they seem able to control it)
i feel like i should be telling him to go and do whats best for my children but i don't want to break their hearts or give up on him.
but i'm not sure i can do this anymore, i have no one to talk to because i don't want people to judge him or me.
thank you for listening