View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Irishgurl

Unhappy Mom being sent to Rehab

Hi there
Dont have honest clue why im here, googled some stuff and ended up here. Ive never written on forum and being from Ireland im probably on wrong forum but i really dont know how this stuff works.

I was just told today my dad has made appointment for my mom to go to rehab this Friday. Which where i am from is unheard of and rare....as drinking is our culture.....Im shocked its come to this...her drinking gotten out of control. We come home from work everyday and she can bearly walk or talk shes so drunk.

Her brother commited suicide 4 years ago and had come to her for help the week before he did it. She has blamed herself ever since and turned to drink. I could go on forever about whats been going on since he died...long story short we went from a "perfect" family. 6ppl at dinner table everyday, hanging out in evenings...to everyone going seperate ways, anger, bitterness etc.

Im leaving for Australia in 5weeks which i booked in March because i just didnt want to deal with her anymore.

Im now debating on staying and not leaving my dad with all of this....as he's relied on me alot with helping him with her.

I want to help her but i cant....i shouldnt have to...im young she should be helping me....I dont know