Thread: sad again
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Anon12

That sounds so hard - eight months is such a long time. I've finally told my ABF to move out and i've said no contact for a year of him being sober but I feel so sad that he might not stay sober, or more worryingly he might but then relapse again if we get back together and where does that leave me? He stayed sober for about six months last year but then wanted to 'try drinking' again just to see. He then relapsed as I knew he would and I realised he'd only been able to stop for that long as he thought it was temporary.

I wish it didn't hurt so much - I just wish I'd left years ago, the first time he went on a bender but I didn't see it. Maybe he would have sorted himself out sooner, or at least it wouldn't hurt so much. Now i've invested nearly six years and i've never felt pain like it. It's made worse that he hasn't physically moved out so we are like strangers being polite but having conversations about what might happen in the future that I know isn't helping either of us but neither of us is angry so it's hard to know what to say or do. I'm staying with other people for a bit to get some space as this is too much like picking at the scab.